Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where does the time go?

I am just terrible about posting on this thing! I am not even sure what is motivating me tonight, but for some reason, the time seems right. We just got home from a retirement party for one of Jason's co-workers and I'm exhausted, but here goes.....

7 weeks to go! This little guy reminds me every day how anxious he is to get out and move around. He is quite the mover and shaker inside me. Somehow I have a feeling he is going to live up to his name we have decided to give him, which sounds athletic to me.....Colton Swift Wagner. Jason and I just liked Colton, and Swift for my brother, dad, and grandfather who all had that as a middle name. Jason and I finally decided last week that Colton was the name that would fit our soon-to-be-son, and we are just thrilled and relieved to have figured that out. Now if we could just hurry up these last 7 weeks, I'd be ecstatic!

Well, I hope the 7 weeks don't hurry up too much - my doctor told me I'm having too many Braxton-Hicks contractions and that she might put me on bedrest if they keep up. I know it's because I push myself all the time, and of course I'm chasing around 2 kids I already have! I find that I don't have BH contractions if I just relax and lay down, but how often do I have time to do that? I'm trying to pay attention to it though because I really don't want to (and really can't) go on bedrest. How the heck would I do that?

Mackenzie and Brandt are great! Kenzie just started 2nd grade and has Mrs. Williams this year, who informed us she also runs a middle eastern restaurant outside of teaching. Interesting combo.... Brandt is 18 months and running around like a crazy boy - you just can't slow him down. He's finally starting to say a few words and really mimic a lot of what we say - I can see his vocabulary is going to pick up here dramatically in the near future. We're about to celebrate Kenzie's 8th birthday in 2 weeks (can you believe it??), and she's having a slumber party. What fun! (Well, hopefully I'm saying that as I'm taking care of 6 8-year-olds all squealing and playing at all hours of the night while I'm 8 months pregnant!) I just love my kids so much and they are so much fun at their different ages....I'm just so anxious to see what our new little guy adds to the mix in a few weeks.

Jason and I just took a trip to Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago sans kiddos....so nice to get away. We rented a convertible and drove along the coast, went whale watching (only saw 1 from far away), explored the cute town, drove through the wine country nearby, and ate some good seafood. It was a great relaxing weekend, and a perfect retreat before I can't really travel anymore. No more plans for us until after the holidays, and then we talked about maybe going up to the mountains for our 3 year anniversary in January. We'll play it by ear...make sure our new little man is ready for us to take a weekend away.

Other than that....not a whole lot going on at this point. We have our house for sale in Denver to try to move down to Littleton. A little more space and a little more kid-friendly is our goal. We bought a minivan to accommodate 3 kids, and we're also in the process of hiring a new nanny. Our current nanny, Mary, who has been with us for a year and a half, is moving back to Illinois to be close to her family. So there are a few things changing around here, but we're rolling with the punches and just seeing what happens.

I can't commit I'll be posting again anytime soon! With a little one on the way, somehow I find it less likely I'll be posting more, but who knows. Maybe maternity leave will be inspirational for me to start blogging more. We'll see..... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment