Friday, October 16, 2009

Off to Oklahoma

We're headed out today to Still.water for OS.U Home.coming and to visit J's mom. I'm off from work today, so I'll be packing and getting all of the baby stuff required to travel. That's a whole day's job in itself!

M's birthday ended wonderfully - she had a GREAT day. I brought cupcakes up to school for her class, and her teacher said that she was "delightful" and all lit up celebrating her day. She came home with a big sticker on that said, "It's my birthday!" and wore it to gymnastics as well. We had dinner at home - which she got mac 'n cheese and watermelon (yum!) - and then she decorated her cake, which she LOVED to do. Let's just say that every bite was filled with sprinkles and candy. Ha! She opened her presents, and she's funny because she opens one and then wants to take it apart and play with it. We, of course, were trying to get her to bed at a decent hour, so it was hard trying to keep her moving. We didn't have that many, but I still had her ones from her birthday party last weekend, so it all added up. She got a sequined "play" cell phone from our nanny, and she just kept talking on it like it was a real phone. She was "talking" to her friends, she ordered a pizza, but had it taken away from her when she said to me, "Um, Mom, can you keep it down, I'm on the phone." She had a fun night though - I'd say the popular gift was scarves. She got 4! One was from me, so we're taking it back. :-)

Oops, better get going this morning. M is up and looking for me. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment